The industrial control systems (ICS) and operational technology (OT) networks that underpin critical infrastructure are increasingly vulnerable to cyberattacks. In response to this growing threat, Joushen Cybersecurity Company is helping Saudi organizations to build efficient threat hunting capabilities.
To achieve this, Joushen Cybersecurity Services provides a comprehensive range of services, including:
- Network assessment and vulnerability scanning: Joushen cybersecurity experts will assess your ICS/OT networks to identify any vulnerabilities that could be exploited by attackers.
- Threat intelligence: Joushen Cybersecurity provides access to real-time threat intelligence feeds, which can be used to inform your threat hunting activities.
- Security monitoring and incident response: Joushen Cybersecurity can provide 24/7 monitoring of your ICS/OT networks for signs of suspicious activity. In the event of an incident, Joushen Cybersecurity experts can help you to quickly and effectively contain and respond to the threat.
Building Efficient Threat Hunting Capabilities
To build efficient threat hunting capabilities, Joushen Cybersecurity recommends that Saudi organizations focus on the following key areas:
- Understand and monitor operational processes: The first step to effective threat hunting is to understand the normal operation of your ICS/OT networks. This includes identifying critical assets, mapping data flows, and understanding the consequences of disruptions.
- Have deep packet inspection capabilities: Deep packet inspection (DPI) is essential for monitoring changes in the smallest details of ICS/OT traffic. DPI can be used to detect anomalies in network traffic, identify malicious activity, and extract valuable forensic data.
- Include a strong signature database: A signature database is a collection of rules that can be used to identify known threats. Joushen Cybersecurity recommends using a signature database that is specifically designed for ICS/OT environments.
- Enrich the solution and integration with other technical tools: In addition to using a signature database, Joushen Cybersecurity recommends enriching your threat hunting solution with data from other technical tools, such as security information and event management (SIEM) systems and intrusion detection systems (IDS). This will give you a more complete view of your ICS/OT security posture and make it easier to identify threats.
- Provide contextual alert details: When an alert is generated, it is important to provide contextual details that can help analysts to quickly assess the severity of the threat. This includes information such as the source and destination IP addresses, the ports and protocols involved, and the specific data that was being transmitted.
- Customize the security posture to user’s needs: It is important to customize your threat hunting strategy to meet the specific needs of your organization. This includes considering factors such as the size and complexity of your ICS/OT networks, the types of threats you are most likely to face, and your budget.
How Joushen Cybersecurity Can Help?
Joushen Cybersecurity can help Saudi organizations to build efficient threat hunting capabilities in a number of ways. For example, Joushen Cybersecurity can:
- Deploy and manage threat hunting solutions: Joushen Cybersecurity can deploy and manage a range of threat hunting solutions, including commercial and open source products.
- Provide training and support: Joushen Cybersecurity can provide training and support to help your team to use your threat hunting solution effectively.
- Conduct threat hunting exercises: Joushen Cybersecurity can conduct threat hunting exercises to help your team to identify and respond to threats in a real-world environment.
By working with Joushen Cybersecurity, Saudi organizations can build efficient threat hunting capabilities that will help them to protect their ICS/OT networks from cyberattacks.